Address242, Route de Bilieu
This flour-mill situated in the town of Chirens, in the heart of the Dauphinť, began its activity on the Cras river around 1840. This mill painted pink in 1895 used to belong to the Richard-Martin Show more descriptionfamily, millers from fathers to sons. The water goes through a reach then through a suspended channel and finally into the troughs where its weight makes the wheel rotate. Inside, big spur gears link the two pairs of grinding wheels : the first one used to grind corn, the second one wheat. An horizontal axle suspended to the ceiling drive the vertical grinding wheel. At present time, part of the material has been conserved : the wheat cleaner, the troughs elevators, the bolters and the flour mixer. The residential part has been transformed into an accommodation composed of guests' rooms and a kitchen.
Prices:Prices may vary depending on the season. Please check with the owner.
|Daily Price||Weekly Price|
|Room (2 pers.)||51 -||330 - 420|
|Room (3 pers.)||-||-|